Any exteriors professional will tell you that gutters simply don’t get the credit that they deserve. While not the most attractive part of your home’s exterior, gutters are more important than you may think.
Believe it or not, your gutters are an integral part of the stability of your home. Sure, they don’t hold up your walls or ceiling, but they do keep water from accumulating on your roof, prevent ice dams from forming and redirect water safely away from the foundation of your house.
Without proper gutter installation, the flow of water that comes from your roof will consistently spill off the edge of your home and erode the soil around your foundation. Soon, you will discover cracks in your foundation that can be expensive to repair. That’s why a properly installed gutter system is essential to have in place on any home or business.
What Your Gutters Protect
Still not convinced of the importance of gutter installation?
If cracks in your foundation and erosion of your landscape aren’t concerning enough, there are plenty of things that your gutters prevent.
In fact, take a moment to pick out your favorite exterior feature of your home or business, and we’ll tell you how your gutters keep them safe and looking beautiful.
- Your Siding: Gutters prevent water from running down the side of a building, preventing costly water damage from accumulating over time. They also prevent water streaks from staining your siding. No matter what material your siding is made of, water can eat away at it and cause discoloration over time.
- Your Doors: Constant streams of water can also damage the doors of your home or business. Plus, a great way to ruin your day is to walk out your door and have a waterfall spill down over your head.
It’s also a great way to prevent customers from frequenting your business on rainy days.
- Your Windows: Keeping water away from your windows is important as well. Over time, the sealant that keeps your windows secure can erode, and if water is allowed to freely flow over your window panes, there will be no stopping the flow from entering your home.
- Your Roof: Not all roofs can properly direct the flow of water to safety. It doesn’t take an architect to tell you that when water builds up on your roof over time, leaks can spring. Even worse, you may find yourself one day staring at a gaping hole in your roof.
- Your Landscape: Even for plants, too much water is not a good thing. Pools of water that form next to your house due to improper gutter installation can kill your grass, plants and trees quickly. Water must be deposited safely away from your home and garden.
Trust Gutter King to Protect Your Home
Gutter installation is a crucial facet to any home or business. It’s also something that has to be done right the first time. At Gutter King, the top industry professionals work with high quality materials to provide you with the best gutter solutions in town.